The patented Ritchey Break-Away design has been heralded by mainstream cycling media as one of the most innovative bikes on the market today. This incredible blend of travel convenience and no-compromise performance is now available in a lightweight, stiff, yet silky-smooth full-carbon version.
Carbon fiber bikes for travel? Yes. Ritchey has offered the Titanium Carbon Break-Away (with a full-carbon rear triangle and fork) for years with no issues. Our carbon fiber designs are very strong—the force required to damage your Carbon Break-Away while packed in its case would have also damaged any frame of any material.
The carbon tubes are designed from the ground up with optimal stiffness, ride quality, and durability in mind. Tom Ritchey's "Right-Sized" carbon tubing specification balances stiffness and compliance for a sublime ride quality, and this travel-ready bike enjoys classic Ritchey geometry. A Ritchey WCS Carbon road fork is included with this frameset and the bike features room for larger road tires (up to 700x28c depending on make and model).
The Break-Away kit here includes a Ritchey Break-Away travel case and padding, and a Ritchey 4Nm Break-Away torque key.
- Patented Ritchey Break-Away design
- Material: carbon fiber – aluminum joints
- WCS headset included (upper IS42/28.6 - 16mm stack height | lower IS42/30)
- Standard Quick Release front and rear
- Replaceable rear derailleur hanger
- 27.2mm seat tube with integrated seat collar (max torque setting: 7Nm)
- Brazed-on front derailleur
- Bottom bracket: 68mm - English threaded
- Crankset min/max ring size: 46/30t to 53/39t
- External cable routing
- Bottle mounts: 2
|Frame||Carbon fiber / aluminum joints|
|Fork||Ritchey WCS Carbon Road Fork / 1-1/8" straight steerer|
|Headset||WCS (upper IS42/28.6 - 16mm stack height | lower IS42/30)|
Front: 100mm x QR
Rear: 130mm x QR
|Brake Compatibility||Road Caliper|
* Subject to change without notice.